Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 39 October 18th-24th

Last week I forgot to mention that I started lunging after the toys.  It's a big deal because typically I just rock on my legs and maybe turn away to look at another toy.  I still do that (when I'm lazy about trying to get the toy), but at least now I know I can get it.

I behaved pretty well this first week with Grandpa.  I had a moment or two when I didn't want to nap, or when I took a short nap, but overall we both did well.  Yay for me and my buddy Grandpa!

I'm a bit more mobile now. I pivot on my hands and scoot my bottom over.  That's how I ended up on the corner of this blanket...all the toys were in the basket but not anymore.

I've also been practicing eating with my fingers.  How do I get this from my hand to my mouth?



Mommy bought me this shirt.  She does call me pumpkin some times.  Mommy thinks I kind of look like her when she was younger in this picture.
Daddy decided to play hair stylist.


I'm getting really good at pulling up in my crib.  Whenever my parents put me down for a nap, I immediately roll over, sit up, and pull myself to a stand. 

Oh-oh.  I got caught playing with the mobile when I was supposed to be napping.













I'm looking for the next opportunity to get up.
Not only am I good at pulling up, I'm feeling brave and I can multi-task now.  I haven't quite mastered how to get down yet though.


What are YOU looking at?


Finally, Daddy was playing peek-a-boo with me and the burp cloth.






Mommy realized that at the end of this week, I've been outside in the real world longer than I was housed in the watery world of Mommy's tummy.  How quickly time has flown.  Until next week.

5 comments:

  1. Love the addition of videos lately. If only you lived closer Uncle Eric and Auntie Colleen would visit you more often, Elliot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His new-found mobility will surely make for some fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe how time has flown! You've been out in the world longer than it took to make you! The chubby cheeks are adorable. Hope you figure out how to get down from pulling up soon so Mommy/Daddy doesn't have to keep saving you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very cute. He's going to be running around in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heehee, love the sleek 'do daddy gave you! And too funny about, "How do I get this from my hand to my mouth?"

    ReplyDelete