Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 4 Feb. 15th-21st

Another week has gone by and the sad news is, Daddy had to go back to work.  He was really sad about it on Tuesday morning.  He wanted to stay home and call in sick.  It doesn't help that he was so tired from the middle of the night feeding that he gives me.  So far, every day Daddy has wanted to call in sick.  He really misses me.  Unfortunately, by the time he gets home from work, I've just had my feeding and am asleep, so he doesn't get to play with me when I'm awake.

Apparently, I like being in this position to be burped.  Mommy found that out and it seems to work well.  Of course, I'm not making it easy for them, so I don't always burp when they want me to.  I like to make things difficult for them by spitting up after they've been working a while on me to burp.

The other night, Mommy had a great experience.  Mommy and Daddy were preparing to give me a bath. Daddy had filled the bath with water and had everything ready.  After I was undressed, Daddy was about to put me into the bath when he realized the water was too hot, so Mommy started adjusting the temperature.  In the meantime, I'm in my birthday suit.  You can guess what happened next.  Daddy had a split second thought of, "Why is it warm all of a sudden?" when he realized I was spraying...spraying all over Mommy...a little on her face, on her neck, and a lot of her shirt.  Daddy kept saying, "Sorry sorry!" to her.  Mommy just looked at Daddy with a smirk on her face.  Hey, you can't blame me.  I TOLD them I don't like to be cold and out in the open.  You'd think they learn by now.

I'm also now able to move my head from one side to the other when I'm on my tummy, though I'm not consistently doing so.  Hey, this is a huge accomplishment...didn't I mention I have a huge head?  It takes a lot of effort and skill  for my neck to lift that noggin off the bed.  When I'm upright and in someone's arms, it's easier for me to be looking around.  I think that's helped me strengthen my neck muscles for the head-lifting feat.  Hopefully I'll be able to do it more consistently later.

On Saturday, I met Daddy's uncle Tom (my great-uncle) and my Auntie Tara.  Weird huh, that Uncle Tom is near the same age as Daddy.  I think Uncle Tom's mom and Daddy's grandmother are sisters.  Anyway, Auntie Tara was very nice and she was trying to soothe me when I started crying.  She even chose the biggest lollipop to share with me, and told Mommy to give it to me when I'm bigger.  Thanks Auntie Tara!

Oh, and I finally got to meet Uncle Michael.  He was so nervous holding me.  He didn't want to wake me up and get me mad so that I blame him.  He also said that I have more hair than he does...sorry Uncle Mike.  It was great to finally meet him.  I was awake for a brief period so I got to look at him.  Ooh, and on a even more special note, I'm going to have a cousin to play with in September!  Well, maybe a bit later than that because the baby will be small at that time.  But yay!!!  A cousin!

We went out to dinner with Uncle Mike, Auntie Jennifer, Grandma and Grandpa.  Mommy and Daddy put me in another outfit.  How do you like my overalls?  Hard to see, as the colors seems to blend together, but I think I look cute.  I don't look too happy though in this picture.  I wasn't happy about being changed out of my onesie (too cold!).

Next week I'll have my one month birthday!  How quickly time flies.  Mommy and Daddy can't believe that it's gone by so quickly already.  They have been commenting on how I've already changed so much.


  1. Aww, he looks so cute in that outfit! And congrats to Mike & Jen!!! How exciting!

  2. Yeah, going back to work is definitely tough, especially when they're still so small and helpless. But it sounds like Elliot's doing great! Moving his head already! Maybe he'll be an early crawler/walker..... I'm sorry.

  3. yeah i almost cried when i had to leave for work! much prefer bonding with Elliot.