Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 2 February 1st-7th

Well, my second week of life was rather uneventful.  I didn't have much on my plate except to eat, sleep, and excrete.  What a life...I really can't complain. I went to my first doctor's visit last Tuesday and I've gained back some of the weight I've lost.  I'm now 7lbs 5.5 oz, so I gained about 4.5 ounces in 4 days!  Not bad.  I didn't like being undressed to my birthday suit though, so it was hard for Dr. Yeh to hear my heartbeat since I was crying my eyes out.  Eventually, she was able to finish my check-up.

I'm getting the hang of feeding now, and Mommy and Daddy are getting the hang of my schedule.  I still wake up a few times in the middle of the night because I get hungry, but I think I'm doing better.  Or at least, Mommy and Daddy are THINKING I'm getting better.  I hear that around this time (week 2) there's supposed to be a growth spurt for me.  Guess my schedule will change once again.  This is what I look like after I get fed.  Grandma and Grandpa laugh and say that I look drunk.  Mommy also calls me a "limp noodle."  What does that mean?  I just say that I'm more than satisfied with my meal.

I am staying more awake lately, though you might not be able to tell from the above picture.  If I'm not drunk after I get fed, I some times look around and check things out.

 Here Daddy decides to hold me in a football hold.  I think I like this position.

Mommy decided the other day that I should get a bath.  They decided not to put me in a pool of water, as my belly button still hasn't fully healed yet.  But they did use a washcloth to wipe me down.  I don't think I liked it too much at all!

 After the bath, Daddy decided to comb my hair.  Mommy didn't like it  much.  It was a like a comb-over for old men.  But I think I look pretty smashing myself!  So handsome.

We had a few guests over this past weekend.  Uncle Phil and Auntie Patty came by.  They were so nice to bring me a toy and Look!  My first red envelope!  It's good to be Chinese.

Auntie Carole and her kids Ryan and Olivia came over to visit.  The kids really liked playing with my toes.  They even bought me a giant rabbit stuffed animal!  It's a lot bigger than me...I'm not sure I know what to do with it.  Maybe when I get bigger, I'll be able to play with it.

The next day more visitors came....Uncle David and Auntie Eri came by.  This time they were willing to pick me up.  They visited me when I was a few days old in the hospital, but they were too nervous to hold me.  Can you believe it?  I'm the first baby they've ever held!!!  I think they did a fabulous job AND I was awake!

Auntie Kristine came by too.  She's an old pro with babies as she has many nieces and a nephew.  I was super comfy in her arms.

Other than visitors, the only new thing I let Mommy experience was projectile pooping (unfortunately for her, Daddy missed out on this experience).  I don't think she's ever seen anything fly that far come from something so small.  What I REALLY like doing is after I get changed into a new diaper, I poop again so that I have to be changed again.  I need to keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes...otherwise they'll think they know how to take care of me.  I'm sure I'll have more surprises up my sleeves for them.  Stayed tuned.


  1. Projectile poop...ahh, brings back memories. Happy to hear the feeding is going well and he's gaining weight. Who said this parenting stuff is hard?

  2. Yeah I had no idea how fast a diaper pale can fill up! This boy's got an appetite!

  3. Hahaha, I think projectile poop and definitely pee squirting are more of a boy thing :) One of you guys needs to have a baby girl already!

    Looks like Elliot is going to be a foodie--and have major food coma. He looks so alert in some of the pics too though. I hate that I haven't met him yet!!!