Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 28 August 2nd-8th

This week I had my 6 month checkup.  I'm still in the 75th percentile in height at 27.25", dropped down to the 80th percentile in head circumference (Mommy breathes a sigh of relief), but dropped waaay down to the 40th percentile in weight.  I gained less than a pound from my 4 month check-up, and I'm not even mobile, so I don't know what the deal is.  You'd think with my chubby thigh rolls I was doing ok.  Mommy thinks it's because her nursing supply is lowering, but who really knows.  The pediatrician wants us to go back in 6 weeks for a weight check.  In the meantime, Mommy's going to try to fatten me up.  Did somebody mention AVOCADOS???!!!


I'm doing some aerobics now.


We went to a  playgroup on Saturday.  Mommy joined a mother's club recently and this is the first outing we had.  The playgroups are normally during the time I'm napping.  But my folks decided to wake me up a bit earlier so I can meet the other kids.  I'm a volcano.  Or Mommy would prefer, a teepee.  It was a little chilly out in the park.




When we got home, we played with bubbles.












Well...I just stared at the bubbles then.















I make all kinds of faces now.  Guess what kind of face this one is.  I'll give you a hint.  I just finished eating...






If you didn't guess, it's my poopy face.  Why did my parents take these pictures?  So they could torture me.  SERIOUSLY??? It's PRIVATE!!!  They're so mean!

Have I mentioned before that I squeal now?  Not because I'm happy, mind you.  But to let my parents know that I WANT TO BE PICKED UP!

These pictures though, are of me happy.

  
This is one of my new friends.  Well, he's been in my crib for a long time, but I've never noticed him until now.  He's waay on the other end.  It's a big little lamb.


Mommy started giving me the bottle at every feeding this weekend.  She's a bit sad because she misses nursing me.  But, she wants me to gain some weight so she's giving up the nursing.  That's too bad because I really enjoyed that time with her.  She's proud of me though, because I'm willing to take the bottle from her now...I used to only want to nurse when it's time for her to feed me.  Her thoughts...'he's growing up so fast".  We'll see if I continue to take the bottle from her during the week. 

5 comments:

  1. Honey, you can still have your time with Elliot. Just supplement with bottle...:-)

    And he will always know that comfort and security with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the weight. Zach was like that too, slowed waaay down after 6 months. Even though they're not mobile, they're so much more active. And also it's a symptom of breastfeeding... the babies grow bigger faster because they digest the food better but then slow down later. (The growth charts we see are based off formula-fed babies.)

    Elliot's adorable. Love his poopy face. It'll make it easier for potty training when that time comes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, love the volcano/teepee pic, too cute! And I LOLed at the poopy face pics--hilarious! And the happy faces are the best. He's getting so big, I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i knew he was taking a massive dump in those pictures! alex makes the same face with his mouth like that. and elliot is hot stuff indeed -- look at those thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just fly over right now for a visit?

    ReplyDelete