Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 8 March 15th-21st

This is the last week for Mommy to stay home with me.  She can't believe it's gone by so quickly already.  I think she's going to have a really hard time next week when she has to go back to work.  She's getting as much cuddle time with me as possible.

Oh, this is one of my folks' favorite outfits, so they wanted to take a picture of me in it before I outgrow it.  I look like such a big boy in this picture.

I had a lot of visitors this week.  Mommy's friend Auntie Jan came by to see me.  She's a kindergarten teacher at one of the schools Mommy works at.  Maybe when I grow up, she can be my kindergarten teacher too!  That would be soo cool.  She also rock climbs with Mommy (before she was pregnant with me).  Maybe Auntie Jan can teach me to climb too!

Uncle Lou, Auntie Rebekah, and my new friend Braeden also came by.  I only got a picture with Uncle Lou because Auntie Rebekah was sick and she was feeding Braeden.  Maybe next time when I'm a little bigger, Braeden will be more interested in playing with me.  Uncle Lou was a little nervous about holding's been a while since Braeden was so small.  But pretty soon, they'll all get the hang of it again when baby #2 comes in June.

On Thursday, Mommy and Grandma had a trial run...Mommy was supposed to drop me off at Grandma's house and leave for the day, so that Grandma can take care of me by herself.  Well, by the time I finished eating, burping, crying, fussing, eating again and burping (with diaper changes in between), it was 12p before they left (Grandma decided to come over in the morning and leave with us later).  They bought lunch to go, then ate at Grandma's house.  Mommy then left for 4-5 hrs to run errands and clean the house a bit.  By the time she got back, she was sooo happy to see me.  She really missed me.  Grandma and Grandpa, on the other hand, told her they needed aspirin to deal with my crying and fussiness.  It was the first thing they said to Mommy when she walked through their front door.  Mommy didn't know what the deal was because when she saw me, I was an absolute angel.  :)  Grandma said that I was just showing off for Mommy.  Hopefully they'll have a better time with me next week.

Uncle Jim, one of Mommy's volleyball friends came by also.  He bought me this really cute stuffed bear pull-toy and matching blanket.  It looks really neat.  Hopefully I'll get to use it when I start walking.

Auntie Monnette and my new friend Alex also came by.  Alex is 6 weeks older than me and much more interactive, as you can tell by the picture.  Me?  Not quite.  I just wanted to sleep.  I DID just finish eating after all.  Hopefully Alex and I will get to play together when we get bigger.

Mommy took this picture...she thinks I look a bit like Uncle Mike when he was younger.  Grandma and Grandpa agree too.

Finally, Daddy got a good picture of me smiling.  Don't I look cute?


  1. Love the baseball outfit, so cute! This post is making me miss CA and all you guys so much!!!

  2. Yes you do look like Uncle Mike when he was small...I just hope you don't inherit his hair line! >-)